Tuesday 1 April 2014

Texel Loom

On my Texel loom I have been creating many different designs, some which are more textual and some that are more graphic. I have been using similar yarn colours to those I have used on the jacquard as then I feel that my designs will match more. The idea behind my hand loom designs is that they will be washed, pressed and ready to be made into cushion fronts; this is coming along nicely and I have about 15 designs ready to choose from to make some final pieces for the degree show at the end of this academic year. 

Soon the warp that I am using at the minute, which is a double cloth to make thicker materials, will run out and I will have to create a new one, I have decided to use the same yarns and same threading structure but to make the warp wider so that I can weave bigger pieces out of it and create hand woven blankets for the final degree show.

Below are some of my hand woven designs in progress on the loom.



No comments:

Post a Comment