Sunday 6 April 2014

Easter

As time is now running so quickly, it's nearly time for that last ever Easter break of uni. A lot of last times have been happening recently, the last time I will thread a new warp at uni, the last time I will create and present a design seminar showing the ideas behind my work. 

It makes me sad and happy to come to the end of uni; Sad that its all over and I won't be doing what I do best day in day out for a while and seeing my close uni girls. But also happy because I am proud that I have finally made it to the end and accomplished and learnt what I have on the way and met the people that have given me hope and inspiration to continue with my designing lifestyle.

After Easter will be the final push to make sure I create the design work that I aimed to and to display it in a way that best shows its uses and craftsmanship. I know it will be a very busy few last weeks but it will totally be worth it to see my work finally hung and displayed how it should be in the Degree show on May 23rd. Derby Uni has brought me a long way from that shy little college girl I used to be, with not enough confidence to show my imagination and express it within my work. I will be very happy to hopefully (fingers crossed) be a graduate of this university and begin my life as a textile designer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment