Tuesday 18 March 2014

Starting transformation

Slowly I am beginning the transformation of my Lloyd loom style chair, I decided that I wanted to keep the heritage look of the chair and so I have chosen a blue paint from Dulux heritage collection called Copenhagen blue. There were many colours to choose from but I wanted to lighten and brighten the chair up so I chose a classic colour but not too dark. 

My reasoning for painting the chair before deciding what woven material I want to use for the upholstery is that I wanted to know what colour exactly the chair turned out to be. This is so I can then try out dark and light fabrics to see which works the best. I might also decide to alter the chair colour around the plaited trims to adapt the finished design of the piece as a whole.

Below is the chair painted in Heritage - Copenhagen blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment